(from our first trip out on the bus… going from Illinois to Tennessee to Alabama and back in 6 days with the 2 month old and the 17 month old… This is an important disclaimer!)
I guess the most notable thing about our first trip on the bus so far is NOT…
– the gallon of milk flying out of the fridge and spilling everywhere,
– the two gallon jug of water flying out of the fridge and spilling everywhere,
– the trip to Wal-mart to get a lock for the fridge door,
– Miranda falling off the bed and crying so hard she threw up everywhere,
– washing the thrown-up upon linens in the washer unit as we continued down the highway,
– poor red faced Kaity’s first bout with constipation,
– me having a sore throat, cold, and various other fun symptoms,
– ‘Randa squatting by the speakers because she recognized her Daddy, who was inside, 50 feet away, giving a radio interview,
– breastfeeding pretty much being over :(
– Rod giving one of his best performances ever tonight
… but rather, the fact that we MISSED an EARTHQUAKE at home today! I can’t believe it. My mom felt it, and so did Josh… Paige and my dad, all in their respective houses, slept through it.
OK… the girlies are sleeping, and since we only got about 5 hours last night after a VERY long day yesterday, and because there is a lovely breeze here in Ozark, Alabama, and I am hoping to get the kind of sleep that would also last through an earthquake…
PS: I just finished Jennifer Weiner’s Certain Girls, for which I waited a long time. Why, Jen, why?!?!?